Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wednesday Already!

Yes, yes, I know. I haven't updated in awhile but it's only because I have been busy.

So since the last blog not much has happened. Everyone has just been going to work or school. Our friend David just finished a video for a monthly contest. Be sure to check it out and vote for it over at filmaka.com, the movie is titled "Now You See Me."

Jo is moving into a new place of her own by the end of the month. I wish her good luck and can't wait to party there.

I had a job where I was able to film the Kenyan ambassador to America. It was fun and will be a great addition to my demo reel. Now on to the movie review.

So this past weekend I finally saw "Up", the new Pixar film. This film has already become one of my favorite Pixar movies. The movie is about a man who wants to travel to South America, I dream he had shared with his wife, and does so by using a vast amount of balloons to elevate his house. Along the way the man befriends an eager young boy scout, a talking dog, and an elegant bird. The trailers for this movie seemed awfully boring but it was a blast. Carl, the elderly man, is much warmer in the movie instead of typical cold old man as seen in the trailers. And the CG is amazingly breathtaking. As with all Pixar films though it's not about the CG but the story and boy is this one a tear jerking. I was literally balling through half the movie. The film immediately breaks your heart in the first few minutes with a beautiful opening montage and it keeps plucking those heart strings until the very end. Up is full of wonderful characters and beautiful lands that only the team at Pixar can bring to life. I absolutely loved "Up" and while it may be getting mixed reviews, it's still in my top 5 favorite Pixar movies. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.

Well that's my review for this week. Until next time. It might not be today, it might not be tomorrow, but hopefully it will be next week. Oh, and we'll always have Paris. -Ko

1 comments:

ellaeldredge23 said...

I also LOVED Up! Sad... but also really funny. Can't wait till it comes out on DVD :]

Post a Comment